- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3-1/2 to 4 pounds green beans
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil or oregano or 1 to 2 teaspoons dried basil or oregano, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary or tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary or tarragon, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Wash beans; drain. Trim ends; cut or break into 1-inch pieces. Measure 12 cups of beans.
- Place beans in a 4- to 6-quart Dutch oven or kettle; add enough water to cover beans. Cover; bring to boiling. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Combine the hot beans, onion, celery, garlic, herbs, and if desired, salt.
- Fill hot, clean quart or pint canning jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Add boiling water, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe jar rims, and adjust lids. Process filled jars in a pressure canner, at 10 pounds pressure for weighted canners or 11 pounds for dial-gauge canners, for 25 minutes for quarts or 20 minutes for pints. Allow the pressure to come down naturally. Remove jars from canner and cool on racks. Makes about 6 pints (24 one-half-cup servings).
AMFC Clamily Cook Book
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More