- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 12
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh Parmesan
- cheese (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1. In a wide, shallow bowl, combine the olive oil and next 5 ingredients (through pepper).
- 2. Add tomatoes, and turn to coat them on all sides.
- 3. Prepare grill.
- 4. Place tomatoes, cut sides down, on the grill rack. Brush once with remaining marinade, and then discard marinade. Grill about 5–7 minutes on each side over medium-high heat or until tomatoes begin to blister, soften, and brown. (They can burn easily, so keep an eye on them.)
- 5. Remove the tomatoes from grill, and top with Parmesan cheese, if desired, and parsley. Serve immediately. (Serving size: 2 tomato halves)
NotesGarden ripe: Sweet, earthy tomatoes make a super-low-cal (only 60 calories per tomato!) side dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More