- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1 quart milk
- 1 quart water
- 1 stick butter
- 1 Tbs plus 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbs chopped rosemary
- 12 ounces of polenta, not instant (2 cups)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Lightly oil a 15-12 inch rimmed baking sheet. In a saucepan bring milk, water and buterr to a boil. Add salt and rosemary. Gradually whisk in polenta until smooth. Bring to simmer, whisking until thickened. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, cool for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk eggs in one at a time into polenta. Whisk in 1 cup cheese. Spread onto baking pan. Let cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly butter a 15x10 inch baking pan. Cut polenta into 2 inch squares. Arrange squares on dish in single layer, overlapping slightly. Pour cream over polenta and sprinkle remaining parmesan on top. Bake for 40 minutes. Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.
NotesI don't remember where this recipe is from
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More