- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 14-ounce packages of firm tofu, well drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices (about 3 cups)
- 5 cups marinara sauce
- 16 no-cook lasagna noodles (9 ounces)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350° Coat 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Combine tofu, basil, parsley, pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice, salt, red pepper flakes, and sugar in food processor; blend until smooth and similar to ricotta in texture.
- 2. Put oil and zucchini in large nonstick skillet. Saute 3 to 5 minutes over medium heat, or until just tender.
- 3. Spread 3 tablespoons marinara sauce over bottom of prepared baking dish. Cover with layer of noodles, overlapping slightly, half of the tofu mixture and half of the zucchini mixture. Top with another layer of noodles, remaining tofu and zucchini, and 1/2 cup sauce. Finish with another layer of noodles and remaining sauce.
- 4. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
NotesI got this recipe from the April 2006 issue of the Vegetarian Times.