- Cooking Time: 5 min
- Servings: about 1 1/2 cups
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- 4 small lemons
- 1 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 (3- to 4-inch) sprigs fresh rosemary
- 6 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- With a vegetable peeler, peel the zest from the lemons in strips.
- Remove any white pith from the strips of zest, if necessary.
- In a small saucepan heat the lemon zest, oil, garlic, and rosemary over low heat until the oil just begins to bubble, 3 to 5 minutes.
- The garlic should not brown, or it will taste bitter.
- Transfer the mixture to a small heatproof bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Remove the zest and rosemary sprigs with a fork or tongs.
- Stir in the parsley
NotesIf you have any leftovers, this dipping oil is equally good drizzled over sliced tomatoes, grilled summer squash, or just about any grilled meat or fish.