- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups finely diced Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup sweet onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 hard boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1 24 ounce jar pickled herring in wine sauce, drained and cut in 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 cups cucumbers, sliced thinly
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl and chill 4 hours. Arrange cucumber slices on a serving platter, top with herring salad. Serves 8.
NotesMost people in the USA associate October with Halloween, but an other festival is being celebrated throughout the country which has its origins im Bayeren (Bavaria) Germany, which is of course Oktober Fest. So in honor of Oktober Fest I will share some German recipes.