- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace (or pinch of nutmet
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (use less if using salted butter)
- 1 cup raisins (plumped)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together butter and sugar using high speed of electric mixer.
- Beat for 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs and molasses.
- In a separate bowl, stir together all dry ingredients.
- Stir dry ingredients into molasses mixture.
- Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment or silpats.
- Divide dough into 2 sections and form two logs of about 14×2 inches.
- Brush logs with beaten egg.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Slice each log at an angle about 2 inches thick. Makes about 16 bars.
Notes(adapted from Cook’s Illustrated)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More