- Cooking Time: 35 to 40
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups raisins
- 1/2 margarine
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cover raisins with cold water and boil for 15 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Cream the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Sift dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture.
- Add cooled raisins, chopped nuts.
- Fold in thoroughly.
- Pour into greased and floured 13x9 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool in pan, then cut into squares.
NotesThis is a New England Recipe I got from dear friends from Conneticut. I can eat the whole pan in one sitting if I allowed my self! Enjoy!
Hermits are a brownie-like cookie.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More