- Cooking Time: 35 to 40
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups raisins
- 1/2 margarine
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cover raisins with cold water and boil for 15 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Cream the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Sift dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture.
- Add cooled raisins, chopped nuts.
- Fold in thoroughly.
- Pour into greased and floured 13x9 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool in pan, then cut into squares.
NotesThis is a New England Recipe I got from dear friends from Conneticut. I can eat the whole pan in one sitting if I allowed my self! Enjoy!
Hermits are a brownie-like cookie.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Cooking with Sabra
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More