- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 jar (22 oz) herring in wine sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 3/4 can pitted black olives, chopped
- Drain herring and cut into pieces. Place in large mixing bowl
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together well.
- This tastes best when chilled for several hours.
- Keeps for several weeks in the refrigerator.
- Serve with assorted crackers and/or party rye.
NotesI adapted this from a recipe my mother-in-law gave me many years ago.