- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 jar (22 oz) herring in wine sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 3/4 can pitted black olives, chopped
- Drain herring and cut into pieces. Place in large mixing bowl
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together well.
- This tastes best when chilled for several hours.
- Keeps for several weeks in the refrigerator.
- Serve with assorted crackers and/or party rye.
NotesI adapted this from a recipe my mother-in-law gave me many years ago.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More