- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 jar (22 oz) herring in wine sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large green pepper
- 2 onions
- 3/4 can pitted black olives
- 1 large carrot
- Drain herring, cut into bite size pieces and place in large bowl. Add sour cream, mayonnaise, celery seed, lemon juice and sugar. Mix well.
- Thinly slice green pepper, onions and carrots. Chop black olives. Mix together with herring mixture. Pour into a large jar or plastic container and refrigerate for several hours. Serve with assorted breads and crackers. This keeps for several weeks in the refrigerator.
NotesThink you don't like herring? Think again! This stuff is addicting. It is a recipe that has been in the family for years and it does make quite a bit, but it will store in the refrigerator for a few weeks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More