- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Dark Chocolate Cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Line muffin cups with paper baking cups. Heat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Fill cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes for regular cupcakes, 13-18 minutes for mini-cupcakes. Cool completely on wire rack before frosting.
- Makes 30 regular cupcakes OR 96 mini cupcakes
NotesBlogged at howtoeatacupcake.blogspot.com
Recipe from Hersheys.com
MY NOTES: I used Hershey's Dark Chocolate cocoa powder. And as the recipe states, this IS a very thin batter. Don't freak out!