- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. Hershey's Special Dark cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. boiling water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost.
NotesHands down my favorite chooclate cake recipe. It's moist and dense, rich and chocolatey, just like a chocolate cake should be in my eyes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More