- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12 to 14
- Preparation Time:
- 3 c uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 2 T milk
- 3 t cider vinegar
- 3 t sugar
- 1 T ground mustard
- 7 c torn lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 c crushed tortilla chips
- Cook pasta according to pkg directions, drain, and place in lg salad bowl.
- Cook beef, drain, and add seasoning.
- Heat through and cool.
- Whisk together mayo, milk, vinegar, sugar, and mustard in small bowl.
- Combine thoroughly w/ pasta, the beef and dressing mixture.
- When ready to serve, add the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and tortilla chips.
NotesThis recipe is adapted from a magazine cutout. It's a twist on the traditional taco salad. I tried it yesterday and it's "dish delish." Great summertime salad.
NOTE: To dress the salad a little more, before serving I added Trader Joe's Cilandro Salad Dressing and tossed lightly. How do you spell "y-u-m?"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Get Cookin'See More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More