- Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
- Servings: Yields approx 4 dozen
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
- About 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Caramel Chocolates, unwrapped
- Powdered sugar
- Reynolds Parchment Paper
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until creamy.
- Stir together flour and cocoa; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended.
- Mold scant tablespoon dough around each chocolate piece, covering completely.
- Shape into balls.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with Reynolds Parchment Paper.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set.
- Cool about 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Roll in powdered sugar.
- Roll in sugar again just before serving, if desired. About 4 dozen cookies.
NotesThis recipe was adapted from a Hershey recipe I found in a magazine. Originally it called for the use of Hershey Kisses Mint I decided on using Hershey Kisses Caramel. OMG what a great treat as the caramel melts in the center of this cookie...nothing like chocolate and caramel.
This is another must on my Christmas cookie list.