- Cooking Time: 4
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 2
- 1/2 oz dry Zhi's Ginger and Lime Green Rooibos
- 1/2 oz dry Zhi's Yerba Mate
- Bring 1/2 gallon of water to a boil in a large pot.
- When boiling, throw in all the dry tea.
- Remove from heat.
- Steep for 4 minutes.
- Fill a gallon container with ice.
- When tea is done steeping, strain out leaves.
- Pour hot tea over the ice. Stir to chill.
- Pour 1/2 gallon of cold water into the container.
- Your gallon batch of iced tea is ready. Hi-Ya!
NotesFor a spark of energy, we whipped up a pot of our newly invented brew that we’re calling High Kick. This mix pairs Zhi Tea’s yerba mate with our ginger and lime green rooibos. Together, the grassy notes and intensity of our shade grown yerba mate complement the bold, bright and citrus-y rooibos.
Try it straight for a bold jolt of earthy goodness. Or, add a dash of agave nectar for a sweeter treat. Either way, we’re confident this tea will entice your senses and delight your taste buds.
This recipe makes a gallon of iced tea and is high in antioxidants.