- Cooking Time: 10 min./batch + cooling
- Servings: 24 servings
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 6 to 8 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, sugar, cocoa, salt, vanilla and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cookies
NotesAfter I experimented in the kitchen mixing and matching ingredients to come up with a new and different cookie recipe, my fiance proclaimed these the winner! With a little peppermint extract, these cake-like cookies bring a nice close to any meal.
Food Travels Through Italy
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More