- Cooking Time: 12-14
- Servings: 40
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cardamom (I usually leave this out)
- ½ cup (1 stick) organic butter – room temperature
- ½ cup natural cane sugar
- 2 organic eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small apple, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup goji berries or raisins
- ½ cup chopped cranberries
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 ½ cups coconut (unsweetened)
- 3 cups old fashioned organic oats
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- ½ cup chopped organic dark chocolate
- Stir together dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda, flax seed and spices).
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar. Add in honey, eggs and vanilla. Slowly add in dry mixture and beat together. Stir in oats, applesauce, coconut, fruit and nuts.
- Drop spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 12-14 minutes at 350.
NotesI call these hippie cookies because, in theory, most ingredients should be organic, and because they look quite rustic. They are seriously the best oatmeal cookies I've had in awhile...
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More