- Cooking Time: 12-14
- Servings: 40
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cardamom (I usually leave this out)
- ½ cup (1 stick) organic butter – room temperature
- ½ cup natural cane sugar
- 2 organic eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small apple, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup goji berries or raisins
- ½ cup chopped cranberries
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 ½ cups coconut (unsweetened)
- 3 cups old fashioned organic oats
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- ½ cup chopped organic dark chocolate
- Stir together dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda, flax seed and spices).
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar. Add in honey, eggs and vanilla. Slowly add in dry mixture and beat together. Stir in oats, applesauce, coconut, fruit and nuts.
- Drop spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 12-14 minutes at 350.
NotesI call these hippie cookies because, in theory, most ingredients should be organic, and because they look quite rustic. They are seriously the best oatmeal cookies I've had in awhile...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More