- 2/3 c. bottled hoisin sauce
- 4 tsp. honey
- 6 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. peanut or canola oil
- 2 lbs. sea scallops (defrost if frozen)
- 4 tsp. grated peeled fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (12-oz.) bag fresh or frozen vegetables for stir-fry (broccoli, snow peas, baby carrots, mushrooms, baby corn, water chestnuts, onions, etc.) (Tip: you can always use more to boost the veggie content.)
- 4 c. hot cooked rice
Combine the hoisin sauce, honey and water in a small bowl and set aside.
Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles. Add the scallops and stir-fry until just opaque in the center (about 5 minutes). Transfer the scallops to a plate and set aside.
Heat the remaining 4 teaspoons of oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic; stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the vegetables and stir-fry until the vegetables are crisp and tender (about 2-3 minutes for fresh vegetables, much longer until frozen vegetables are heated through).
Add the hoisin sauce mixture and cook, stirring constantly for about 1 minute.
Add the scallops and cook, stirring constantly until heated through, for about 1 minute.
Serve with the rice.
Per Serving (1 cup scallop and vegetable mixture and 1/2 cup of rice):
323 calories, 6 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 23 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrates, 6 g fiber, 23 g protein, 159 mg calcium