- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 c. bottled hoisin sauce
- 4 tsp. honey
- 6 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. peanut or canola oil
- 2 lbs. sea scallops (defrost if frozen)
- 4 tsp. grated peeled fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (12-oz.) bag fresh or frozen vegetables for stir-fry (broccoli, snow peas, baby carrots, mushrooms, baby corn, water chestnuts, onions, etc.) (Tip: you can always use more to boost the veggie content.)
- 4 c. hot cooked rice
- Combine the hoisin sauce, honey and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles. Add the scallops and stir-fry until just opaque in the center (about 5 minutes). Transfer the scallops to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 4 teaspoons of oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic; stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the vegetables and stir-fry until the vegetables are crisp and tender (about 2-3 minutes for fresh vegetables, much longer until frozen vegetables are heated through).
- Add the hoisin sauce mixture and cook, stirring constantly for about 1 minute.
- Add the scallops and cook, stirring constantly until heated through, for about 1 minute.
- Serve with the rice.
- Per Serving (1 cup scallop and vegetable mixture and 1/2 cup of rice):
- 323 calories, 6 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 23 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrates, 6 g fiber, 23 g protein, 159 mg calcium
Notesbased on a recipe from the Weight Watchers In One Pot cookbook
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in Film
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
The Best Dang Little Dumplings Ever
Steamed Sweet Coconut Parcels
HERBED SALMONSee More