- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pk (or 1 tablespoon) Active Dry-Yeast
- 1/4 c Warm Water (110 to 115-degrees)
- 1 c Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 c Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tb Sugar
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 1/2 c Lowfat Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 c Cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 Orange, peeled
- 2 tb Dark -or- Light Brown Sugar --or- Fructose
- 1/4 c Unsweetened Applesauce
- Frozen Orange Juice -Concentrate
- Soften the yeast in the warm water.
- Combine the flours, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in the margarine until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Add the milk, eggs and softened yeast.
- Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile, make the Cranberry-Orange Filling by combining the cranberries,orange, brown sugar (or fructose), and applesauce in a food processor.
- Grind until coarse.
- Transfer to a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- After chilling, roll the dough into an 18- by 12-inch rectangle on a floured surface.
- Spread with the filling.
- Roll up jelly roll fashion.
- Cut into 18 rolls with a sharp knife.
- Place in an oiled 13- by 9-inch baking pan.
- Let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes, or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Glaze with orange juice concentrate while still warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Adventures in CookingSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More