- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pk (or 1 tablespoon) Active Dry-Yeast
- 1/4 c Warm Water (110 to 115-degrees)
- 1 c Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 c Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tb Sugar
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 1/2 c Lowfat Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 c Cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 Orange, peeled
- 2 tb Dark -or- Light Brown Sugar --or- Fructose
- 1/4 c Unsweetened Applesauce
- Frozen Orange Juice -Concentrate
- Soften the yeast in the warm water.
- Combine the flours, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in the margarine until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Add the milk, eggs and softened yeast.
- Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile, make the Cranberry-Orange Filling by combining the cranberries,orange, brown sugar (or fructose), and applesauce in a food processor.
- Grind until coarse.
- Transfer to a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- After chilling, roll the dough into an 18- by 12-inch rectangle on a floured surface.
- Spread with the filling.
- Roll up jelly roll fashion.
- Cut into 18 rolls with a sharp knife.
- Place in an oiled 13- by 9-inch baking pan.
- Let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes, or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Glaze with orange juice concentrate while still warm.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Horseradish Beef Roll-Ups
New England Pot RoastSee More