Holiday Figgy Brownies
1/2 cup butter
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate bars
4 large eggs
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 cup applesauce
1 tsp. real vanilla
1-1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup pureed figs
1/2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
1/2 cup rice crispies
1. Melt butter and chocolate over low heat.
2. Set aside to cool. In a separate bowl, beat eggs until foamy.
3. Add sugar and vanilla and continue beating until well creamed.
4. Stir in chocolate mixture, followed by applesauce and figs.
5. Sift together flour, salt, spices, and baking powder and stir into creamed mixture.
6. Fold in rice crispies and nuts.
7. Turn into a 9x13-inch pan lined with Reynold's parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
8.Cool before cutting into squares.
Pairs Well With
My son has a fig tree so making this twist on the traditional brownies is a snap!