- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate bars
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp. real vanilla
- 1-1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup pureed figs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup rice crispies
- 1. Melt butter and chocolate over low heat.
- 2. Set aside to cool. In a separate bowl, beat eggs until foamy.
- 3. Add sugar and vanilla and continue beating until well creamed.
- 4. Stir in chocolate mixture, followed by applesauce and figs.
- 5. Sift together flour, salt, spices, and baking powder and stir into creamed mixture.
- 6. Fold in rice crispies and nuts.
- 7. Turn into a 9x13-inch pan lined with Reynold's parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 8.Cool before cutting into squares.
NotesMy son has a fig tree so making this twist on the traditional brownies is a snap!
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More