- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 12-24
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup brandy
- 1 ½ cups raisins
- 1 ½ cups chopped nuts
- 1 ½ cups dried mixed fruit
- 1 ½ cups melted butter
- Preheat oven to 225 deg. F. Grease and flour a tube pan.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, soda, spices, eggs, lemon rind, vanilla, brandy, fruit, nuts, and melted butter. Mix thoroughly and pour the cake mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about an hour. Cool the cake and then wrap the cake in foil for storing.
- You can bake this cake ahead and sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of brandy everyday till you finally decide to cut it. Do this for at least a week so that the brandy soaks through.
NotesFor some people, making a fruit cake during the holiday season is almost like a ritual. Each slice of delicious fruit cake is steeped in brandy, fruits, spice and all that’s nice!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Simple Homemade Favorites
Nick's PicksSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More