- Cooking Time: 14-17
- Servings: 15 cookies
- Preparation Time: ?
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter room temp
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup m&m's(red and green)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 1 oven rack in the top 3rd of the oven, and 1 oven rack in the bottom 3rd of the oven.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl with a hand or electric mixer beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the egg and egg yolk, beating until well combined.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Scrape down the sides.
- If batter is soft, cover and refrigerate 30-60 minutes.
- Using 1/4 cup, an ice cream scoop, or 2 spoons, form batter into large balls.
- Place 6 balls of dough on each baking sheet.
- Gently flatten each ball of dough in to a 2 1/2 inch round.
- Completely cover the tops of the cookies with the m&m's.
- Press the candies into the dough.
- Bake cookies for 14-17 minutes, rotating sheets half way through baking time.
- The cookies are done when they are light golden brown and just set around the edges.
- they will seem a little soft in center but will firm up.
- Remove from oven and let cookies cool for few minutes before transferring them to a wirerack to cool.
NotesThis is Makayla's favorite cookie and she wants to share it with her classmates.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More