- Cooking Time: 14-17
- Servings: 15 cookies
- Preparation Time: ?
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter room temp
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup m&m's(red and green)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 1 oven rack in the top 3rd of the oven, and 1 oven rack in the bottom 3rd of the oven.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl with a hand or electric mixer beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the egg and egg yolk, beating until well combined.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Scrape down the sides.
- If batter is soft, cover and refrigerate 30-60 minutes.
- Using 1/4 cup, an ice cream scoop, or 2 spoons, form batter into large balls.
- Place 6 balls of dough on each baking sheet.
- Gently flatten each ball of dough in to a 2 1/2 inch round.
- Completely cover the tops of the cookies with the m&m's.
- Press the candies into the dough.
- Bake cookies for 14-17 minutes, rotating sheets half way through baking time.
- The cookies are done when they are light golden brown and just set around the edges.
- they will seem a little soft in center but will firm up.
- Remove from oven and let cookies cool for few minutes before transferring them to a wirerack to cool.
NotesThis is Makayla's favorite cookie and she wants to share it with her classmates.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More