- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs. HOT Sausage
- 1 lbs. MILD Sausage
- For the SAUCE..
- 1 cup ketsup
- 1 cup wine vinegar
- 1 cup DARK Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbls. Soy Sauce
- Mix both kinds of sausage together. Form into walnut size balls.
- Cook over mediumn heat until cooked through.
- Drain off grease.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together, stirring well until sugar is dissolved.
- Place balls into 8 oz. jars with lids and fill until jars are 3/4 full.
- Pour sauce over ballsuntil covered.
- Store in the refridgerator turning jars top to bottom every day,to allow the sauce to marinate all the balls.
- Do this for several days.
- Re-heat and serve warm.
- HAPPY EATING AND ENJOY!!
NotesThese meatballs are sooo good. The recipe originally came from my grandfather who made them every year at Christmas. He has passed away, but I still make them for family gatherings, all the while thinking of him.
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
My Family CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More