- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 8 dozen
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups prepared mincemeat
- 1 1-pound box confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- About 96 pecan halves, toasted
- 1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 2. For dough, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat shortening and granulated sugar in a large mixer bowl on medium-high speed 2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture just until combined.
- Stir in mincemeat until well mixed.
- 3. Fill a measure tablespoon with dough.
- Arrange dough on prepared cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool cookies on cookie sheets for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
- 4. Meanwhile, for coffee frosting beat together confectioners¿ sugar, coffee, and melted butter in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until smooth.
- 5. Spread a rounded measure teaspoon of frosting on top of each cooled cookie.
- Top each cookie with 1 pecan half.
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More