HOLIDAY MINCEMEAT COOKIES WITH COFFEE FROSTING
- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 8 dozen
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups prepared mincemeat
- 1 1-pound box confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- About 96 pecan halves, toasted
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. For dough, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
Beat shortening and granulated sugar in a large mixer bowl on medium-high speed 2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture just until combined.
Stir in mincemeat until well mixed.
3. Fill a measure tablespoon with dough.
Arrange dough on prepared cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown.
Cool cookies on cookie sheets for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, for coffee frosting beat together confectioners¿ sugar, coffee, and melted butter in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until smooth.
5. Spread a rounded measure teaspoon of frosting on top of each cooled cookie.
Top each cookie with 1 pecan half.