- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c butter, melted
- 3 tsp cinnamon (divided)
- 3 tart apples (granny smith, peeled, cored, thinly sliced)
- 1/2 c dried cranberries (Craisins)
- 1 loaf Italian or French Bread
- 6 lg eggs
- 1 1/2 c milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1. Combine brown sugar, butter, 1 tsp cinnamon in 13x9 in baking dish. Add apples and cranberries; toss to coat well. Spread apple mixture evenly over bottom of baking dish. Arrange slices of bread on top.
- 2. Mix eggs, milk, vanilla, and 2 tsp cinnamon until well blended. Pour mix over bread, soaking bread completely. Cover and refrigerate 4-24 h.
- 3. Bake covered w/ aluminum foil in preheated 375 F for 40 min. Uncover and bake 5 min. Remove from oven; let stand 5 min. Serve warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More