- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 boxes (14.5-ounce) gingerbread cake and cookie mix, Krusteaz®
- 2 cups water
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (16-ounce) cream cheese frosting, Betty Crocker®
- Decorations: Wooden nutcrackers and wrapped presents
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 8-inch-round cake pans.
- Combine both mixes, eggs, and water in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir until just moistened.
- Divide batter equally between two pans.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of cakes comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely for 20 minutes.
- Frost the top of one of the cake layers with a quarter can of frosting.
- Nutcracker Toy
- Place second layer on top.
- Frost the entire cake with remaining frosting.
- Decorate outside rim of cake with wrapped presents.
- Top with wooden nutcrackers.
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Baking time: 25-35 minutes
- Serves 10-12 slices
NotesCourtesy of Sandra Lee
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More