- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups (12 oz) Nestle Toll House Premier White Morsels
- 24 hard peppermint candies, unwrapped (I used Branch's Starbrights)
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Microwave morsels in an uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on Medium-High Power (70%) for 1 minute. Stir. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15 second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Place peppermint candies in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Crush candies using a rolling pin or other heavy object (meat tenderizers also work well). While holding strainer over melting morsels, pour crushed candy into strainer. Shake to release all small candy pieces; reserve larger candy pieces. Stir morsel-peppermint mixture.
- Spread mixture to desired thickness on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved candy pieces, press in lightly. Let stand for about 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in airtight container at room temperature. Makes about 1 pound of candy.
- Alternative: Allow candy to set for 30 minutes. Melt approx. 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate morsels and drizzle over candy. Allow to set for another 30 minutes (or place in refrigerator to decrease time).
NotesThis is a super-easy recipe from my Nestle Toll House cookbook, just in time for the holidays!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More