- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups (12 oz) Nestle Toll House Premier White Morsels
- 24 hard peppermint candies, unwrapped (I used Branch's Starbrights)
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Microwave morsels in an uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on Medium-High Power (70%) for 1 minute. Stir. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15 second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Place peppermint candies in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Crush candies using a rolling pin or other heavy object (meat tenderizers also work well). While holding strainer over melting morsels, pour crushed candy into strainer. Shake to release all small candy pieces; reserve larger candy pieces. Stir morsel-peppermint mixture.
- Spread mixture to desired thickness on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved candy pieces, press in lightly. Let stand for about 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in airtight container at room temperature. Makes about 1 pound of candy.
- Alternative: Allow candy to set for 30 minutes. Melt approx. 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate morsels and drizzle over candy. Allow to set for another 30 minutes (or place in refrigerator to decrease time).
NotesThis is a super-easy recipe from my Nestle Toll House cookbook, just in time for the holidays!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More