- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryTonight is election night and I don't want to leave the coverage to go to the store so I have made some little pizzas that are great and I didn't leave my house!! These are certainly worth trying. This is a great snack and the colors would be perfect for a holiday buffet.
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 small jar pesto
- 1 stick pepperoni-maybe 4 or 5 inches long
- Italian seasoning
- grated parmesean cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay crescent rolls out in rectangles. Seal perforations.
- Use a biscuit cutter to cut 4 or 5 rounds from each rectangle. I ended up with 19 rounds. Place rounds on a baking sheet.
- Spread spaghetti sauce on half of the rounds.
- Spread pesto on the other half of the rounds.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning lightly on the sauce.
- Remove the casing from the pepperoni stick.
- Coarsely dice the pepperoni.
- Place diced pieces of pepperoni on paper towel on a microwave-safe plate. Heat for 30 to 45 seconds to remove excess fat.
- Place pieces of pepperoni on the rounds which have been sauced and seasoned.
- Grate the cheese and cover the rounds.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese melts and the rounds are toasty.