- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryStuffing may very in many ways, this recipe is one I have made and had great results with. Its one I got ideas from my great Aunt who taught me everything I know about cooking. Its a recipe you can add or delete ingredients to your own taste. Thought I would add this for the up coming holidays and events.
- 1 (16 ounce) pepperidge farms herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 (14 ounce) Swanson chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons beau monde seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Accent seasoning or salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2-3/4 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325'.
- Spray a 13x9 baking dish with Pam.
- In a large sauce pan bring chicken broth,water,and chicken bouillon cubes to a boil.
- Add butter,celery,mushrooms and onion and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add black pepper,beau monde seasoning,pourlty seasoning,basil, and Accent (or salt), stir in well.
- Remove from heat and add herb stuffing crumbs. Stir well.
- Add egg and whipping cream and blend in well.
- Pour in greased baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick/utensil insert comes out clean. (Don't over bake)