- Cooking Time: 30 min
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: One day prior
- Cornmeal; self-rising
- 1 Turkey neck
- 1 Gizzard; buy extras if needed
- 1 Heart
- 1 Liver; buy extras if needed
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Yellow onion; small
- Season salt
- Garlic salt
- Butter; melted
- Shortening; to grease pan
- 13x9 Aluminum baking pan
- MIXTURE CAN BE PREPARED A DAY IN ADVANCED.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a rectangle 13x9 pan with shortening.
- Boil all ingredients in a pot with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Boil until all ingredients are tender.
- If one is done before the other, take the done ingredient out of the pot.
- Do not boil the onion.
- Start cooking the cornbread according to package instructions, but omit the sugar in the cornbread.
- Once everything is boiled, remove from the pot and let it cool.
- Do not discard the broth.
- If preparing this a day in advance, keep the broth in the refrigerator.
- Chop all ingredients into small pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
- Break up edges of cornbread working towards the middle and add to the mixing bowl.
- You will not need all the cornbread.
- Use the seasonings listed to season the dry mix in the bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add a little of the turkey broth a spoonful at a time to moisten the mixture. Do not make it soupy.
- Put the mixture into 13x9 aluminum pan.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, then cover with foil for 15 minutes.
- Every so often, baste with melted butter.
NotesThis is a holiday stuffing made with the extra turkey parts not generally used in cooking process. It has been in our family for decades and as kids we referred to it as "Butt Stuffing" and it stuck. LOL Hope you enjoy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce