- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 16 cups water
- 1 2lb. roaster chicken
- 2 tbsp. whole mixed peppercorns
- 4 tbsp. sea salt
- 2 dry bay leaves
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. dill, chopped
- 2 cups wide egg noodles
- rind of a parmesan cheese wheel (optional)
- Combine water and chicken in heavy large pot. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover partially and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Using tongs, transfer chicken to large bowl. Cool chicken and broth slightly. Discard skin and bones from chicken. Shred chicken meat into bite-size pieces and reserve. Spoon fat off top of chicken broth.
- Return broth to simmer. Add onion, carrots, salt, pepper, and celery. Simmer until vegetables soften.
- Add dill and garlic to broth; stir in noodles, parm rind, and reserved chicken. Simmer until noodles are tender, about 5 minutes. mmmmmm!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More