- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 16 cups water
- 1 2lb. roaster chicken
- 2 tbsp. whole mixed peppercorns
- 4 tbsp. sea salt
- 2 dry bay leaves
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. dill, chopped
- 2 cups wide egg noodles
- rind of a parmesan cheese wheel (optional)
- Combine water and chicken in heavy large pot. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover partially and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Using tongs, transfer chicken to large bowl. Cool chicken and broth slightly. Discard skin and bones from chicken. Shred chicken meat into bite-size pieces and reserve. Spoon fat off top of chicken broth.
- Return broth to simmer. Add onion, carrots, salt, pepper, and celery. Simmer until vegetables soften.
- Add dill and garlic to broth; stir in noodles, parm rind, and reserved chicken. Simmer until noodles are tender, about 5 minutes. mmmmmm!
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
NFPG Recipe Collection
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More