- Cooking Time:
- Servings: yields 1 1/3 cup
- Preparation Time: :30
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 1/2 Tbls. lemon juice
- 1 Tbls. water
- 1 pinch ground white pepper OR cayenne pepper
- 1 splash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup melted real butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In the top of a double boiler over medium-low heat, whisk together egg yolks, lemon juice, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and water.
- -Add the melted butter to egg yolk mixture, 1-2 Tablespoons at a time, while whisking yolks constantly. If mixture gets too thick, add 1 teaspoon of hot water.
- -Whisk in salt, then remove from heat.