- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-3 Hass avocadoes
- * When shopping, pick up some that are not squishy, and not so firm. Just enough give...you just know. Also, don't press too hard - by the time you get home, they will be brown!
- 1-2 jalapenos, minced or sliced thin
- * Each pepper is different, and you will never find two that are the same heat.
- * I cut the top off, slice lengthwise and remove the ribs and seed - but you can leave those in for extra heat.
- Various amounts of different peppers (Anaheim, Banana, Cuban etc.), minced or sliced thin
- *Using different kinds of peppers gives layers of flavour, as some give sweetness, others hits of heat. I prep these the same as jalepenos
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- * Leaving the seeds makes the guac watery, not something to be desired!
- 1/2 - 1 red onion, chopped
- *You don't want big chunks here - white onion is also great
- Cilantro - chopped (you can include some stem)
- *This is optional - there must be some genetic link to how people enjoy this wonderous herb. Either they love it, or it tastes like soap.
- Kosher Salt/Pepper
- Get a nice big-ish bowl
- To prep the avocadoes the hands-clean way:
- *cut around the inner seed lengthwise.
- *twist one half so one half still contains the seed, the other not.
- *if the seed has not fallen out, take your knife, and send it forcefully (blade, not tip) into the seed, and with the blade in the seed, twist. The seed should come out with this movement.
- *Do this carefully!
- Holding the half avocado in your palm, make slices in the fruit without breaking the skin, first lengthwise, then crosswise. This allows the fruit to be scooped out or inverted into the bowl without getting your hands gooey!
- Once avocado is in the bowl, add all of your chopped ingredients at once, squeeze fresh lime juice all over (1/2 or whole lime) to prevent browning, sprinkle with salt and pepper to flavour, and use a fork or potato masher to mix and meld ingredients.
- *You don't want this to be a mush - chunky is great! -now dig in!
- Optional ingredients:
- -minced garlic
- -Tabasco sauce
- -pomogranate seeds
- -peaches...yes peaches! Wonderful addition!
NotesThe easiest thing to make is guacamole - you just need some fresh ingredients! I am addicted to this lucious, nutricious dip/spread/dream. The amounts of each ingredient depends on the flavours you like, how spicy you want it and what is available. I'll list the ingredients with notes first, and them explain the process. Here's my typical recipe, done on the fly:
Sharing Christmas with Friends
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
Chicken with Asparagus and Pine Nuts
Bacon And Cabbage SoupSee More