- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- For the Cavatelli:
- o 2 Cups - White flour
- o Water
- For the Ragu`:
- o 1 Lb - Meat (Beef, lamb, pork and veal)
- o 1 Qt. Tomato sauce
- o 1 Onion
- o 2 Cloves garlic
- o 2 Oz. - White wine
- o Grated Parmigiano cheese
- o 2 leaves of basil
- o Parsley
- o EV olive oil
- o Salt & pepper
- o Pour the flour in a bowl and begin to add water a little at the time. Mix the water into the flour.
- o Once the water is well amalgamated with the flour, remove the flour from the bowl and move it to a wooden board. Continue to work with your hands the dough until reaches a firm consistency.
- o Cut a piece of dough and roll it with your hands on the board into a round form a little less that 1/2" thick.
- o With a knife, cut the round dough into small pieces an with the tip of your index and middle finger press on each piece end pull it toward you. It should result in a "Cavatello".
- o In a sauce pan, add EV olive oil and saute` the garlic and the onion together.
- o Once the garlic begins to turn golden, add the four cuts of meat: pork, veal, lamb and beef.
- o Let the meat color on all sides and add the white wine.
- o After a minute or two, add the tomato sauce, the basil cut into pieces and the parsley. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- o Cook for 1 hour.
- o Pour the Ragu` sauce over the cavatelli which you have cooked separately and garnish with plenty of Parmigiano.
NotesHome made cavatelli and four meats ragu`... from the hills of Avellino. This recipe comes from Nonna Rosetta Rauseo, Campagna.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More