- Cooking Time: 75
- Preparation Time:
- To make the stock - no need to peel these veggies
- 1-2 leeks, washed & chopped
- 1-2 parsnips, washed & chopped
- 2-3 carrots, washed & chopped
- 1 onion, washed & chopped, remove the skin
- 2-3 stalks Celery - washed & chopped
- 1 whole chicken
- thyme, to taste
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Put all into a large pot. Cover with water.
- Place lid on pan. Bring to a boil. Simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Next, after the simmering, skim the skin off the top of the water.
- Leaving the lid off the pot, simmer 1 hour more.
- Take the chicken out of the pot. When cool enough to handle, separate legs & shred the chicken. Put the whole chicken back into the pot. Do not put in the pot what was shredded. Cook one hour more.
- Strain (KEEPING THE LIQUID - THIS IS YOUR STOCK FOR THE SOUP) Discard all bones & vegetables.
- Place into an empty pan; cut nicely, and peeled: this is to make the soup::
- 1 Carrot
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 onion
- 1-2 C pasta
- Add stock back that you had strained as well as thyme, salt, pepper & pasta.
- Cook 10 minutes. Add 1/2 C shredded chicken.
- Reduce the stock to enhance flavor, opt.
- Bring stock base to a boil on the stove & serve.
NotesThis came off of PBS a few years back - I recall the person making the recipe said you didn't need to chop the vegetables nicely OR peel them - and the host working with the viewer said she liked cooking with him! (or her)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More