- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons shortening or lard
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 cup water (lukewarm)
- Mix flour, shortening, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Gradually stir in water until crumbly dough forms.
- Work with hands until dough holds together.
- on a floured board, shape into a ball and knead until smooth.
- Divide dough into 12 roughly equal parts.
- roll into sphere and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten into 8 inch circles.
- Cook on ungreased griddle on medium heat, to cook, when it starts to bubble, flip it over, when it starts to bubble, pat it down with a clean towel or spatula, when the entire tortilla starts to inflate, take it off the grill.
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More