- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons shortening or lard
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 cup water (lukewarm)
- Mix flour, shortening, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Gradually stir in water until crumbly dough forms.
- Work with hands until dough holds together.
- on a floured board, shape into a ball and knead until smooth.
- Divide dough into 12 roughly equal parts.
- roll into sphere and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten into 8 inch circles.
- Cook on ungreased griddle on medium heat, to cook, when it starts to bubble, flip it over, when it starts to bubble, pat it down with a clean towel or spatula, when the entire tortilla starts to inflate, take it off the grill.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
The Social CookbookSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More