- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons shortening or lard
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 cup water (lukewarm)
- Mix flour, shortening, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Gradually stir in water until crumbly dough forms.
- Work with hands until dough holds together.
- on a floured board, shape into a ball and knead until smooth.
- Divide dough into 12 roughly equal parts.
- roll into sphere and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten into 8 inch circles.
- Cook on ungreased griddle on medium heat, to cook, when it starts to bubble, flip it over, when it starts to bubble, pat it down with a clean towel or spatula, when the entire tortilla starts to inflate, take it off the grill.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More