- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 C shortening
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 C milk
- 1 pkg yeast soaked in one cup of warm water
- 1 well beaten egg
- 3 1/2 C flour
- 1 t salt
- 1 1/2 lb hamburger
- 1 small onion
- 4 C chopped cabbage
- Scald milk. Place shortening and sugar in mixing bowl and pour the scalded milk over the top. Cool until luke warf.
- Add egg, flour, salt and yeast.
- Knead well. Let dough rise until double in bulk. Knead down. Roll dough about 1/8 inch thick. while dough is rising again brown in skillet the hamburger, onion and chopped cabbage, salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain well.
- Roll out dougha nd cut into four inch squares. Place 2 Tablespoons of the mixture into each square.
- Bring up corners of dough and pinch together. Bake in 375 dgree oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
culinary karmaSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More