- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15 (plus cooling time)
- 3 punches of Better Oats Instant Oatmeal (mix and match which ever flavors you choose, I used 2 pouches of Oatmeal Raisin Cookie and 1 pouch of Apples and Cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 TB butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 TB brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup craisins (or raisins)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350' F. Line an 8x8 square baking dish with parchment paper.
- On a baking sheet, combine the oatmeal, nuts and coconut. Bake for about 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes until lightly browned
- Put the toasted goodies in a medium bowl. Reduce the oven temperature to 300'F.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla. Bring to a boil over medium heat, while stirring. Cook and stir for a minute. Pour mixture over the toasted oat mixture. Stir in the craisins and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into your prepared 8x8 baking dish and press evenly. Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for a few hours...2 or 3, then cut into serving sizes.
- Store at room temperature. I cut mine into 8 rectangles and wrapped them individually in wax paper to store so they wouldn't stick together.
NotesOmg...these are amazingly delicious! A tiny bit chewy and a tiny bit crunchy. Wonderful flavor. Next time, I'm going to double the recipe. My girls loved them. I loved them. Talk about a healthy snack on the go.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More