- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Servings: 12 granola bars
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 C rolled oats
- 1/4 C ground flax seed
- 1/4 C oat bran
- 1/4 C wheat bran
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 C sugar substitute
- 1/4 C flaked coconut (I used unsweetened but it'd be fine to use sweetened.)
- 1 C non-fat milk
- 1/4 C honey (I prefer less sweetness in my granola bars, so if you like sweet, you may want to add more.)
- 1 egg, lighten beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small apple, finely chopped
- 2/3 C almonds, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, stir together the oats, flax seed, oat bran, wheat bran, salt, powder, cinnamon, sugar substitute, and coconut until well combined.
- 3. Add in the milk, honey, egg, and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- 4. Stir in the apples and almonds.
- 5. Press into pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges start to brown.
- 6. Let cool for 10 minutes, then cut into bars. Let cool completely.
NotesMade as a a result of a quest for find the perfect apple granola bar! Delicious, low-fat, packed with complex carbs, moist, flavorful, crunchy, chewy. . .all packed into one granola bar! Your perfect breakfast or pick me up snack! The sweetness and moisture of the apples pairs perfectly with the nuttiness and crunchiness of the almonds.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More