- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 pint milk
- 1 pound flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 24 ounces apples, peeled, cored, medium dice
- powdered sugar, as needed
- 1. 1. Combine the egg yolks and milk.
- 2. 2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the milk-and-egg mixture; mix until smooth.
- 3. 3. Allow the batter to rest 1 hour.
- 4. 4. Stir the apples into the batter.
- 5. 5. Just before the fritters are to be cooked, whip the egg whites to soft peaks and fold into the batter.
- 6. 6. Scoop the fritters into 350ºF (180ºC) deep fat, using the swimming method. Cook until done.
- 7. 7. Dust with powdered sugar and serve hot.
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More