- Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Servings: Make about 1 quart.
- Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
- 5 or 6 firm cooking apples, unpeeled
- 1 cup apple juice or water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- one half teaspoon allspice
- 2 to 4 tablespoons sugar or honey
- Quarter, core and slice apples. Stir slices into boiling juice, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, until soft, stirring occasionally. Puree in food processor (or press through a food mill or sieve). Stir in butter and allspice. Add sugar gradually, tasting for desired sweetness. Good served warm, cold or hot. Hot applesauce is delicious as a topping on gingerbread.
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!
It's all about that protein
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More