- Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Servings: Make about 1 quart.
- Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
- 5 or 6 firm cooking apples, unpeeled
- 1 cup apple juice or water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- one half teaspoon allspice
- 2 to 4 tablespoons sugar or honey
- Quarter, core and slice apples. Stir slices into boiling juice, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, until soft, stirring occasionally. Puree in food processor (or press through a food mill or sieve). Stir in butter and allspice. Add sugar gradually, tasting for desired sweetness. Good served warm, cold or hot. Hot applesauce is delicious as a topping on gingerbread.
Great Everyday Meals
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More