- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup water
- 2 3/4 cups Better for Bread bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine or quick active dry yeast
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- Measure carefully, placing all ingredients except egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough/Manual cycle.
- Do not use delay cycle.
- Remove dough from pan, using lightly floured hands.
- Cover and let rest 10 minutes on lightly floured surface.
- Grease outsides of six 10-ounce custard cups. Place cups upside down on ungreased cookie sheet. Divide dough into 6 equal pieces.
- Roll or pat each piece into 7-inch circle on lightly floured surface.
- Shape dough circles over outsides of cups.
- Cover and let rise in warm place 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly puffy.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water; brush gently over bread bowls.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully lift bread bowls from custard cups--bread and cups will be hot.
- Cool bread bowls upright on wire rack.
- Makes 6 bread bowls
NotesFill these yummy ?bowls? with favorite salads, soups or stews.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More