- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee or water
- 1/4 cup dark, unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and the sugar.
- In saucepan, combine butter, shortening, coffee or water and cocoa.
- Stir and heat to boiling.
- Pour boiling mixture over the flour and sugar in the bowl.
- Add the buttermilk, eggs, baking soda and vanilla. Mix well, using a wooden spoon.
- Pour into a well buttered jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 400* degrees for 20 minutes or until done. While brownies bake, prepare the frosting.
- Note: If you don't have buttermilk on hand, mix 2 teapoons vinegar into 1/2 cup milk.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
The One Dollar Cookbook
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More