- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee or water
- 1/4 cup dark, unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and the sugar.
- In saucepan, combine butter, shortening, coffee or water and cocoa.
- Stir and heat to boiling.
- Pour boiling mixture over the flour and sugar in the bowl.
- Add the buttermilk, eggs, baking soda and vanilla. Mix well, using a wooden spoon.
- Pour into a well buttered jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 400* degrees for 20 minutes or until done. While brownies bake, prepare the frosting.
- Note: If you don't have buttermilk on hand, mix 2 teapoons vinegar into 1/2 cup milk.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More