- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 ripe peaches
- 80g pure icing sugar (5.62 tbs)
- Juice and zest from 1 large orange
- 2 tbsp Grand Marnier
- Optional: Icing sugar, vanilla ice cream or creme fraiche to serve
- Buttermilk pancakes
- 150g self-raising flour
- 50g pure icing sugar (not soft icing mixture!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 310 mL buttermilk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 20g unsalted butter
- Sift together the flour and icing sugar and set aside. Whisk together the egg yolks, buttermilk and vanilla, then pour into the flour and whisk together to combine.
- Beat eggwhites till you have soft peaks, then use a large metal spoon to carefully fold them into the pancake batter. Set this aside for now.
- Peel the peaches and cut them into segments (eighths if you have large fruit, sixths if you have small). Combine the sugar, orange juice, orange zest and Grand Marnier in a large frying pan and bring to the boil.
- Cook syrup for 1-2 minutes or till it is slightly reduced and syrupy, then add the peaches and cook them for 1-2 minutes on each side till they are softened and glazed. Remove the peaches and add 2 tbsp water to the syrup, reduce the heat to low and stir the water through till the syrup has dissolved into the water.
- In a seperate frying pan or griddle, heat half the butter and oil over low-medium heat and fry 1/4 cup of the mixture at a time, cooking each side for 2-3 minutes or till golden brown.
- Once the pancakes are done, serve them with a few wedges of glazed peaches on each plate, drizzling with the syrup. Serve with ice cream or cream fraiche if you want a little more decadence
- Read more about this recipe on my food blog - Kitchen Wench
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More