- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 ripe peaches
- 80g pure icing sugar (5.62 tbs)
- Juice and zest from 1 large orange
- 2 tbsp Grand Marnier
- Optional: Icing sugar, vanilla ice cream or creme fraiche to serve
- Buttermilk pancakes
- 150g self-raising flour
- 50g pure icing sugar (not soft icing mixture!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 310 mL buttermilk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 20g unsalted butter
- Sift together the flour and icing sugar and set aside. Whisk together the egg yolks, buttermilk and vanilla, then pour into the flour and whisk together to combine.
- Beat eggwhites till you have soft peaks, then use a large metal spoon to carefully fold them into the pancake batter. Set this aside for now.
- Peel the peaches and cut them into segments (eighths if you have large fruit, sixths if you have small). Combine the sugar, orange juice, orange zest and Grand Marnier in a large frying pan and bring to the boil.
- Cook syrup for 1-2 minutes or till it is slightly reduced and syrupy, then add the peaches and cook them for 1-2 minutes on each side till they are softened and glazed. Remove the peaches and add 2 tbsp water to the syrup, reduce the heat to low and stir the water through till the syrup has dissolved into the water.
- In a seperate frying pan or griddle, heat half the butter and oil over low-medium heat and fry 1/4 cup of the mixture at a time, cooking each side for 2-3 minutes or till golden brown.
- Once the pancakes are done, serve them with a few wedges of glazed peaches on each plate, drizzling with the syrup. Serve with ice cream or cream fraiche if you want a little more decadence
- Read more about this recipe on my food blog - Kitchen Wench
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More