- Cooking Time: 20-25 min.
- Preparation Time: 10 min.
- 1 head cabbage (small to medium) (cut in six wedges)
- 2 carrots (shredded or chopped fine in processor)
- 1 onion (small, chopped)
- 1/2 cp butter
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3 slices bacon (cooked, drained on paper towels, and crumbled)
- Place cabbage in large pot filled part way with water. Dont use a lot of water. Just enough to cook down cabbage.
- Salt water.
- Bring to boil and add carrots and onions.
- Cook until all is tender.
- Drain cabbage and add butter, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with bacon sprinkled over top.
NotesThis is the way I like cooked cabbage the best. Its the way I always had it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More