- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 stick margarine
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 7 cups flour (approximately)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cups instant mashed potato flakes
- 2 cups boiling water
- Melt margarine in microwave.
- Put 6 of the 7 cups of flour in a large bowl.
- Add salt, baking powder, and mashed potato flakes to flour and stir together.
- Make a well in the center.
- Beat egg with fork and add to cooled margarine.
- Add margarine/egg mixture and boiling water to well in center of flour mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- As dough thickens, use hands to form a ball.
- If the dough is sticky, add the remaining cup of flour. (You will probably need the extra flour)
- Let the dough rest.
- Roll dough into long snakes.
- Run through cavatelli machine onto cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet in freezer. When frozen, store cavatellis in plastic food storage bags.
- To use cavatelli, boil in salted water until al dente.