- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 stick margarine
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 7 cups flour (approximately)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cups instant mashed potato flakes
- 2 cups boiling water
- Melt margarine in microwave.
- Put 6 of the 7 cups of flour in a large bowl.
- Add salt, baking powder, and mashed potato flakes to flour and stir together.
- Make a well in the center.
- Beat egg with fork and add to cooled margarine.
- Add margarine/egg mixture and boiling water to well in center of flour mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- As dough thickens, use hands to form a ball.
- If the dough is sticky, add the remaining cup of flour. (You will probably need the extra flour)
- Let the dough rest.
- Roll dough into long snakes.
- Run through cavatelli machine onto cookie sheet.
- Place cookie sheet in freezer. When frozen, store cavatellis in plastic food storage bags.
- To use cavatelli, boil in salted water until al dente.
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More