- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a recipe I found online and have really enjoyed. Typically, I make tea using 1 1/2 cups of water and 2 teabags (not quite double strength) with 1 or 2 heaping spoonfuls of chai mix. I add a spoonful of chocolate syrup for just the right taste. A great way to start the day!
This is a great Chai concentrate mix that I like to give as a gift. It keeps in the fridge for about 2 weeks. The combination of spices is heavenly!
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- Combine all ingredients in a small dish with cover. Store overnight in refrigerator before using.
- To make a cup of chai: brew a cup of strong, black tea such as Assam or Darjeeling.
- Stir in 1 to 2 tsp of mix per 8 oz of tea.
- Add milk if desired.
- To make chocolate chai, stir in 1 to 2 tbsp chocolate syrup.
- Store chai mix in refrigerator. Unsweetened condensed milk can be used and sugar can be added to control sweetness.