- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- Combine all ingredients in a small dish with cover. Store overnight in refrigerator before using.
- To make a cup of chai: brew a cup of strong, black tea such as Assam or Darjeeling.
- Stir in 1 to 2 tsp of mix per 8 oz of tea.
- Add milk if desired.
- To make chocolate chai, stir in 1 to 2 tbsp chocolate syrup.
- Store chai mix in refrigerator. Unsweetened condensed milk can be used and sugar can be added to control sweetness.
NotesThis is a recipe I found online and have really enjoyed. Typically, I make tea using 1 1/2 cups of water and 2 teabags (not quite double strength) with 1 or 2 heaping spoonfuls of chai mix. I add a spoonful of chocolate syrup for just the right taste. A great way to start the day!
This is a great Chai concentrate mix that I like to give as a gift. It keeps in the fridge for about 2 weeks. The combination of spices is heavenly!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
The NourishFull Kitchen
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More