HOMEMADE CHILI IN A WARM BREAD BOWL
Homemade Chili In A Warm Bread Bowl
- Cooking Time: 60-90
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large can of Kidney beans
- 1 large can of Chili beans
- 1 large can of Black Beans
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons of chili powder
- 4 teaspoons of “Cajun Cayenne”
- 6 teaspoons of “Garlic Habanero” or add CHS sauces to desired spice level.
- Shredded cheese
Brown and add your ground beef to the above ingredients in a large pot.
Let all of the ingredients simmer on low heat for about an hour and half.
Go to your local market and buy a fresh, round bread loaf from the bakery.
We used a “sheepherder” round bread loaf or use smaller round breads for small servings for each person.
First, cut the top off and hollow a round bowl in the inside of the loaf.
Leaving some bread around the inside edges to soak up and hold the chili!
Then, when your homemade chili has simmered long enough, pour a large helping into your bread bowl, add some cheddar cheese shreds to the top and melt.