HOMEMADE CHILI IN A WARM BREAD BOWL
- Cooking Time: 60-90
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large can of Kidney beans
- 1 large can of Chili beans
- 1 large can of Black Beans
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons of chili powder
- 4 teaspoons of “Cajun Cayenne”
- 6 teaspoons of “Garlic Habanero” or add CHS sauces to desired spice level.
- Shredded cheese
- Brown and add your ground beef to the above ingredients in a large pot.
- Let all of the ingredients simmer on low heat for about an hour and half.
- Go to your local market and buy a fresh, round bread loaf from the bakery.
- We used a “sheepherder” round bread loaf or use smaller round breads for small servings for each person.
- First, cut the top off and hollow a round bowl in the inside of the loaf.
- Leaving some bread around the inside edges to soak up and hold the chili!
- Then, when your homemade chili has simmered long enough, pour a large helping into your bread bowl, add some cheddar cheese shreds to the top and melt.
NotesHere you have a wonderful, hearty dish – great for those cold winter nights when you’re craving the ultimate in comfort food! I'd rather start with dry beans, but I don't always have the time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More