- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryHere is a simple recipe for making great nonfat hot chocolate, also can be given as a gift. Can be stored in an air-tight container in a cool, dry place for several months.
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups instant nonfat dry milk (powdered milk)
- dash of salt
- Mix ingredients* together in a large bowl.
- Use 2 tablespoons of mixture for every 4 ounces of boiling water.
- Top with cinnamon, marshmallows, or whipped cream as desired.
- Also great with a candy cane or cinnamon stick in the mug.
- For an extra treat, place a square of dark chocolate in the mug before adding boiling water (stir well after water is added).
- For best results, ingredients should be sifted together.
- This is very time consuming, however, so to speed up the process only sift the cocoa and sugar then add the dry milk.