- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 7 1/2 cups water
- 2 2/3 cups instant powdered milk or 1 3/4 cups non-instant powdered milk
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix water and dry milk until completely dissolved. Stir in buttermilk.
- Cover with waxed paper and clean towel.
- Let stand at room temperature until clabbered, about 8 hours.
- Pour into large, heavy saucepan.
- Cook over very low heat for 1 hour until curd is firm enough to hold its shape when pressed gently between the fingers.
- Pour mixture into strainer lined with single thickness of cheesecloth. Rinse with cold water.
- Put cheese in bowl and add the 1/2 teaspoon salt, mixing gently.
- Cover and chill before serving.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Makes 2 cups.
- Note: For moister cottage cheese, add 1/2 cup buttermilk or cream before chilling
NotesMy Granny Clouse use to make big batches of cheese from the cow & goats we'd milk. It was so good. This is more up to date
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Jesuit Tampa - Between Practice and HomeworkSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More